For starters, I would like to give a short introduction about myself. My name is Rebecca and I am 15 as previously said, living in the North West of England. I am a big city girl at heart trapped in a small town and dream of getting out. I am generally a very friendly, approachable person (at least that's how I see myself, you'll have to ask others whether it's true or not ha ha) who doesn't enjoy arguments and confrontations in the slightest. I get anxious, scared and frustrated very easily- my tendency to worry about every single thing ahead of me has stopped my from doing things I have really wanted to do in the past but I'm now getting better at controlling it which is good. I'm also the type of person that has learnt not to get their hopes up that often to avoid unnecessary disappointment, however I dooooo enjoy life (most of the time) so don't get me wrong, I am not completely miserable even though it may seem that way. I like exercise but have next to no motivation (believe me, not a good combination). I love the sun and the outdoors and my best days always consist of a combination of the two. Other likes of mine incluuuuude candles, which I am completely obsessed with, travelling (my list isn't as extensive as I would like it to be at the moment- Spain, Greece, Portugal and Ireland) and reading; whenever I am not busy I am quite happy to bury my head in a good book for hours upon end.
So now, I will get on to the actual interesting part.. at least I'm hoping that it will be interesting. For my first ever blog post, I thought that I would do something quite simple since I created this blog on a whim and therefore don't have anything prepared- a wishlist of my beauty must haves for this summer, both high end and drugstore.
- Laura Mercier Free Spirit Baked Eye Palette- £30, available at Space NK. I have had my eye on this palette for quite a length of time and is still near the top of my wishlist. I love the fact that the shadows can be used dry for a more natural look or wet for a more intense look. The compact itself is classy and convenient, as it is easily portable. The palette is Limited Edition therefore I will be buying it very soon!
- Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick- £5.49, available in Boots etc. As much as I adore MAC lipsticks and their formulation and the vast range of shades available and the fact I could spend all day at the counter in the Selfridges Beauty Hall swatching them on my hand, I am put off completely by their price (which has recently increased to £15). My favourite alternative is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick. The range of shades is very good, with a colour for everyone practically, and they do not dry your lips out like many drugstore lipsticks that I have tried. One of the ones I have my eye on at the moment is the 101 Shade (pictured), a perfect blush pink shade that I am very much looking forward to purchasing. Also, at £5.49, it would be hard not to!
- Essie 'In the Cab-ana' Nail Polish- Price varies, available online. Part of the 2013 Essie Resort collection, I am completely and utterly in love with this colour, as it would be absolutely perfect for summer. However, a downside is that it is not actually in the diffusion line in stores such as Boots, therefore is very hard to find. Your best bet is to buy online- Selfridges are selling it for £10.95, which is a little pricey but I believe that Beauty Bay do have some money off it at the moment making it around the same price (if not less than) as the normal Essie polishes. I am a complete nail polish addict and Essie is my favourite brand, as I love the formulation and the range of colours.
- Nars Tinted Moisturiser- £27, available from Space NK, Selfridges etc. Around a year ago I went for an appointment with Nars, one of my favourite brands quality wise however I do not own many products as I find it to be a teeny bit overpriced. They tried the Nars Tinted Moisturiser in the shade 'Finland' on my face and I instantly wanted to buy it. It feels as light as air but gives a very good coverage, therefore is great for someone who, like me, still wants to wear make up in the summer. As I said, the thing that lets it down is the rather hefty price tag that comes with it. However, if you do want to invest then I would definitely recommend this. If not, then my current foundation is the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in the shade 'Ivory', which is £9 available in Boots and Superdrug.
- Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Protective Sun Lotion SPF 50- £7.49, available in Boots. I have never actually tried this sun lotion however have heard so many good things about it. As I learnt on a recent holiday in Portugal, I am very prone to burning therefore am going to buy this as soon as possible!
So, there we have it, my first ever blog post. I'm not even sure anyone will ever read this blog, but if you do then thank you. It would definitely be an amazing feeling to know that my blog posts help and advise people in any way.
PS- Sorry about the dodgy formatting of the image ha ha, wrote this blog post in a short amount of time.