Friday 4 July 2014

JUNE BEAUTY FAVOURITES

Hey guys! I have finally gotten round to doing another monthly favourites post (I apologise about the fact my last one was in like, January...) and there have been plenty of products that I have been loving for the past month or so that I am very excited to talk about.

There were two (technically three I suppose) hair products that I loved in the month of June and found myself reaching for on a daily basis. First up is the Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray, which had been raved about by countless bloggers yet I still hadn't tried it. I finally decided to pick up the smaller, travel-sized version and I have really liked using it. My favourite thing to do with it is to curl my hair normally using my straighteners then spray it a few times and scrunch my hair up a bit to create lovely, beachy looking loose curls. It is a little on the pricier side at about £7.19 for the full size version but you'll be pleased to know that it's currently on offer at Boots for £4.79.



The Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner. 

The second (and third) is the Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner. I had previously been using a combo from Aussie and whilst there was nothing wrong with them, I felt like my hair didn't look and feel as good as it could do. The two from Herbal Essences are extremely affordable (I picked up both for just £4 in Asda!) and they contain Moroccan Argan Oil- they promise to 'revive natural shine, softness and strength against styling damage' and I feel like they have done all three whilst I have used them! My hair definitely feels softer and looks much shinier and healthier.



The Korres Coconut Milk Body Milk and The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub.


Now onto skincare. As for body products, I haven't really bought any recently because I have been using up and trying all of the products that I already own (which is A LOT). One product I have found myself using very often is the Korres Coconut Milk Body Milk (I really hate the fact that the word 'milk' is in the name of this twice... don't ask). I picked it up for the bargain price of £3.99 in my local TK Maxx and am so glad that I did! It smells absolutely incredible if you love creamy, coconut scents, is very moisturising and light on the skin and contains 92% natural content, i.e. it doesn't contain silicones, parabens etc. My second body/skin care pick for this month has got to be the Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub from The Body Shop. Holy guac, this stuff smells amazing... but my favourite thing about this scrub is the texture- unlike my other scrubs, it is in a cream form, which means that whilst it isn't as abrasive, it is much more moisturising, soothing to the skin and still gets the job done.




La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo +, Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturising Spray and the St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub.

I have had problematic, oily skin all throughout my teen years and it is FINALLY beginning to start clearing up. Over the years I've tried many products from different brands including Neutrogena, Benefit and Liz Earle and haven't really found many products that I would consider buying again, not even from the higher end brands. My main concern was the small, hardly noticeable but nevertheless frustrating bumps/spots on my forehead. However, after about two months of using the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + rather religiously, they are finally nearly gone! I know that this is a much loved and coveted product which is why I bought it, but was I actually expecting results quite as good as this? Nope, definitely not! Secondly, I have loved using the St. Ives Naturally Clear Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub, as it leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft. I also feel like my skin is certainly a lot smoother and cleaner in appearance, which makes it a lot easier for me to apply make-up on top and makes me feel a lot more confident when I choose not to wear make-up.
































To be perfectly honest, I feel as if during June I had more no make-up days than anything else and the only time I wore a full face of make-up really was at weekends- this is definitely a step in the right direction as I used to be terrified of leaving the house minus my make-up! A product I have loved using is the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil- I own the shades Yogurt [ a light rosy toned nude and Iced Mocha [ a more bronze toned shade ]. They are extremely handy and the formula is very creamy and easy to work with. They look nice separately however personally I love blending them together for a very effortless yet effective eye look. Plus, they are so affordable - I picked them up at Beauty Joint for $5 each which is equivalent to £2.91. My second make-up related favourite is the Honey Bronzing Powder from The Body Shop. I own the shade 02 Fair Matte - I love this as it is long lasting and whilst still looking light and natural, it gives your face that bronze, just-been-on-holiday look that we all lust after.






Technically, I purchased my next favourite around Christmas, but I have only got round to using it recently. I have loved using Essie's 'Beyond Cosy' over a white polish to create a gorgeous accent to any nail polish look. At the moment, I am wearing it on my ring fingers and the rest of my nails are painted in a lovely peachy shade. My last beauty favourite from June is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade Audacious. I have never really been one for orange lips but I decided to try it out and am so glad I did since this has probably been my most worn lip colour recently! The formula of these things is absolutely incredible and if you haven't picked one of these up yet then have you been living under a rock for the past few months? I love that they can instantly give a pop of summery, vibrant colour to an otherwise more natural look.



No comments:

Post a Comment